Options

NOOOOO JOB

KAEW 1KAEW 1 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
icon_cry.gif Hi All

Anybody have a hard time to find a job I have A+ and MCP since July last year and I'm doing MCSA. I apply for a job in technical support everyday even went to the job fair, the agency the employment consultant. No one call me and contact me or the reason that I never get a job offer because I'm immigrant woman of Canada. Now I live in Gatineau, Quebec close to Ottawa.I never have the real work environment in IT at all because I used to be a teacher and have teaching experiences for more than 10 years plus master degree in Education that equipvalency to Canadian Master degree. I change my field to study in a technical school in A+, MCSE now I have A+ and MCP and never get one job offer. I am so depressed now. I am not sure that I should continue studying on this area or not.

Please advice .

I have tried harder and harder and never win. I have a daughter a family to take care plus the money that I loan for study to pay...

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Take any job.

First rule is that you are much more employable when you have a current job. Next, if you reuse to accept the first rule, then make looking for a job your full-time job meaning starting at 7am-5pm each day you are out pounding the pavement.

There isn't any reason to be depressed. This is your situation and you will get out of it. Sorry you have a child and have to go through this...many of us do...so as a parent you'll need to do whatever you have to to provide shelter, food, security for the child. If you end up working at McDonald's so it goes...it won't be forever, but it should provide income until you can get something more desirable.

If you've got family or a spiritual place you attend...seek guidance form these resources. If you're alone...you're not because you have a child...but you will need to make good choices to get moving forward. One step at a time. And to quote Dave Ramsey..."Baby Steps" (which he borrowed from the movie).

Best wishes!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    oldtecholdtech Member Posts: 103
    Been looking since last summer , working but not in IT.Keep going
    Try til it hurts then try some more
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    KAEW 1 wrote:
    I never have the real work environment in IT at all because I used to be a teacher and have teaching experiences for more than 10 years plus master degree in Education that equipvalency to Canadian Master degree.

WHAT !

You never heard of an IT Trainer ?

Trust me, an IT trainer will easily slaughter your basic techie financially. Now, I don't know why you want to get away fom teaching whether it is financial, can't deal with kids who don't want to learn or whatever. IT Training is VERY lucritive especially if you get your techie certs. With your current background in being able to teach, get your techie certs (especially for Microsoft, Cisco Gold partnerships) and you'll be a lot richer than most techies. I'm not kidding!

The week courses I have been on in the past usually have a class of ten and the trainer will usually be getting 40%-60% from each of the week long fees each student has paid. These are some of the richest IT people I have ever met.

Look into it, seriously!

Don't throw away your teaching background. Just change your audience.
    Kam.
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    KAEW 1 wrote:
    icon_cry.gif Hi All

Anybody have a hard time to find a job I have A+ and MCP since July last year and I'm doing MCSA. I apply for a job in technical support everyday even went to the job fair, the agency the employment consultant. No one call me and contact me or the reason that I never get a job offer because I'm immigrant woman of Canada. Now I live in Gatineau, Quebec close to Ottawa.I never have the real work environment in IT at all because I used to be a teacher and have teaching experiences for more than 10 years plus master degree in Education that equipvalency to Canadian Master degree. I change my field to study in a technical school in A+, MCSE now I have A+ and MCP and never get one job offer. I am so depressed now. I am not sure that I should continue studying on this area or not.

Please advice .

I have tried harder and harder and never win. I have a daughter a family to take care plus the money that I loan for study to pay...

One popular and successfull route for people with your background is finish your MCSA, get your MCT, then you should certainly be able to land a job at some of the many training centers who are constantly looking for MCT's with an educational background. You'll be teaching mostly theory which does not require a ton of experience, but it should open you up to opportunities to gain experience.
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Kaminsky wrote:
    KAEW 1 wrote:
    I never have the real work environment in IT at all because I used to be a teacher and have teaching experiences for more than 10 years plus master degree in Education that equipvalency to Canadian Master degree.

WHAT !

You never heard of an IT Trainer ?

Trust me, an IT trainer will easily slaughter your basic techie financially. Now, I don't know why you want to get away fom teaching whether it is financial, can't deal with kids who don't want to learn or whatever. IT Training is VERY lucritive especially if you get your techie certs. With your current background in being able to teach, get your techie certs (especially for Microsoft, Cisco Gold partnerships) and you'll be a lot richer than most techies. I'm not kidding!

The week courses I have been on in the past usually have a class of ten and the trainer will usually be getting 40%-60% from each of the week long fees each student has paid. These are some of the richest IT people I have ever met.

Look into it, seriously!

Don't throw away your teaching background. Just change your audience.

Some of this is true but there are a few things to know.

1. 40% to 60% does not apply to all classes. Not even most. The more complex the class topic is, usually the more your pay will be. For example, I'll easily make $15,000 a week for teaching CISSP review seminars or CEH classes. That's because I teach at a flat rate. However, in earlier days I would usually top out teaching MS classes or CompTIA classes at anywhere from $600-900 per day. So first off, you have to be teaching tough topics. Secondly, you need to have been established and made a reputation for yourself in the industry. Nowadays all my security classes are either direct requests from EC Council or ISC2. Then there are the client customs which are really really really, lucrative.
  • Options
    OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    keatron wrote:
    Some of this is true but there are a few things to know.

1. 40% to 60% does not apply to all classes. Not even most. The more complex the class topic is, usually the more your pay will be. For example, I'll easily make $15,000 a week for teaching CISSP review seminars or CEH classes. That's because I teach at a flat rate. However, in earlier days I would usually top out teaching MS classes or CompTIA classes at anywhere from $600-900 per day. So first off, you have to be teaching tough topics. Secondly, you need to have been established and made a reputation for yourself in the industry. Nowadays all my security classes are either direct requests from EC Council or ISC2. Then there are the client customs which are really really really, lucrative.

Wow, you're a made man. Nice to see another brother doing it big in this field.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • Options
    KAEW 1KAEW 1 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    :) Thank you very much for all advices. Now I have more mind power and energy to go forward. I will go through MCSA, MCT and looking for a job as a jounior trainer first. Hopefully, someone out there will open the door for me. I did not plan to be rich from being a trainer just to be able to survive and gaining more experieces at the same time. I know I have a lot of works to do down the road to be more professional and gain a big money but it is very persuasive!!!.

Toady I feel better to fight for my life and family.

Thank you very much for all....