Options

How much time allowed for MCSA/MCSE exams?

yubyubyubyub Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
How much time is allowed for 70-270, 70-290 and 70-291? Can't seem to find a firm answer on this after googling. Is it 3 hours or something? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Should be 90 minutes. I would image it's the same on all their exams 210/215 were 90 which was more then enough time to finish.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For 70-290, 291, 293, and 294, you get 4 hours. 3.5 hours for answering questions, and another 30 minutes for doing optional surveys.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    icroyal wrote:
    For 70-290, 291, 293, and 294, you get 4 hours. 3.5 hours for answering questions, and another 30 minutes for doing optional surveys.

I stopped at 270....and I haven't looked into the 290 series yet. WOW 3.5 Hours....just not sure what to say on that icon_confused.gif: (I would hope that's just being generous).
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• Options
    icroyal wrote:

I stopped at 270....and I haven't looked into the 290 series yet. WOW 3.5 Hours....just not sure what to say on that icon_confused.gif: (I would hope that's just being generous).
    Plantwiz
    _____

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah, they give you lots of time, not to be generous, but because by the time you're doing the 290 level exams most of the questions are scenario based with 3 paragraphs of information and a diagram on each question. You have to scroll the sceen to read the question, sometimes you have to click a link to open a window with the picture/diagram. Back and forth, back and forth. It's hard to answer a question when you can't see all the information in one screen. It really slows things down. By the third or fourth question of this type you're ready to go ballistic. icon_lol.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    AnthonyJD81AnthonyJD81 Member Posts: 187
    Yes, take advantage of the time. While it may seem like a lot, you'll be surprised how quick 1-2 hours will pass you by if your taking your time and double checking everything.

Don't rush, use your time wisely ;)