Options

New SNRS

pr3d4t0rpr3d4t0r Member Posts: 173
For all of u who studying for SNRS, new 642-503 SNRS was announced.

Last day to test 642-502 will be 6/20/07.

I must hurry up.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Options
    opers13opers13 Member Posts: 100
    thanks for the heads up.....

opers13
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Its amazing how often they are changing what is essentially the least specific exam of the series....
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    opers13opers13 Member Posts: 100
    Ahriakin wrote:
    Its amazing how often they are changing what is essentially the least specific exam of the series....

End-of-Sale date for the VPN concentrator is August 6, 2007. I'm wondering when will Cisco announce the new ASA/VPN exam.....

also, do you think Cisco will make changes to the IPS exam?? and make it based on the ASA/IPS?

Well, I have 2 weeks until the SNPA exam March 17. Then I will try to take the SNRS before June 20th...

opers13
  • Options
    rocket arenarocket arena Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    the CSVPN exam would dissapeir soon right?
    "who are the patriots... and la li lu le lo"
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    From what I've seen (Purely textual I haven't convinced my Boss to replace our PIX boxes with ASAs+AIP-SSMs...yet...;) ) the IPS section of the ASA ASDM GUI is pretty much identical to that of the standalone units so I don't think it will majorly change (and they do run practically the same software). I think you'll see the IPS exam become more module centric each revision rather focusing on standalone appliances to reflect the market change but essentially the theory and most content should be the same across the board for anything running 5.x.
    Likewise I haven't seen the VPN gui on an ASA, just the CLI but I'm guessing that it will be similar in that the CSVPN will not go away but cover that aspect on the modules instead. There's just too much to try to include that much VPN and IPS depth in the normal PIX/ASA exam.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
  • Options
    Anyone know what kind of sim questions SNRS have ?

I will give it a try 2morrow...