Options

Florida job market

I'm jsut wondering what the job market is like in florida for soemone with 5 years experience I've done osme database work (access, paradox, Oracle). I can do web design if needed but it is not my strong point by any means. I have 2. years of help desk experience as an outsource partner with Microsoft (xp and office products) and I have 8 months experience as a network admin.

I have my A+, Net +, 270,290 and I will be writing my 291 soon (within a week or 2) to comeplete my MCSA.

right now I make 40k canadian and I'm wondering ho do salraires companre in FLA and are there many jobs or is the market saturated.

Comments

• Options
    jwlazarjwlazar Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What part of Florida?

Here in South Florida there's a fairly strong job market that's receptive to qualified professionals with a little experience.

With your qualifications I'm sure you can find a position here in support for more than you are making in Canada... If you are well-versed in database administration, then you pretty much have easy pickings. :)
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There are several metro areas in Florida, it's a big state. I would imagine it depends on which part of Florida you're talking about.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    Yeah I'll need ot ask my gf where she has noticed there are lots of jobs for teaching

I'm not strong with DB's any more ( knidda outta prasctice I guess)

but I'll have to get more info and go from there