Im taking the Security + Exam in 2 1/2 weeks

wrestlefeverwrestlefever Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone have any referrals on what I should concentrate my studies on?

I am using Microsoft training kit as my main supplemental reading.....

Comments

• jlambertjlambert Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    take a practice test and find out what you dont know, then study that.
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If MS is your supplimental, what is your primary study resource?
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • wrestlefeverwrestlefever Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Actually, I meant to say that Microsoft was my primary reading. I wanted one more good supplemental source because this book is very bias. I makes Microsoft look like the KING of OPERATING systems and I wanted to get a feel for everything with security involved.

Are there any practice labs that can train me?
    Exam Cram 2 is the supplemental reading that I am using. I am going to train with servers for about 2 weeks straight to reinforce my hands on experience.
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    I personally have heard all the horror stories about this test, on this forum and on other forums. I went out and purchased Hack I.T. to learn about security testing thru penetration testing, Sybex Security+, Exam Cram 2 Security+ and the Tcats full book. I'm definitely not taking this test lightly. Also, more towards test time I'm going to reinforce my new found knowledge with Transcenders practice tests, technotes from this site and cramsession.com.

Anything else that I feel iffy about i'll just google it.

Hopefully that should be enough for a pass.
    Cool. I started taking this test lightly. I think I will get serious and cram as much info as I can in my head. Thanks.............. I will obtain more sources and research some of the websites in the microsoft book...........