Options

Testing for first half of CCNA

Tricon7Tricon7 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 238
I'm taking the CCNA track of Cisco at my local college, and we can take a test (official) for the first half of the CCNA program, then take another test for the second half, which will give us certification. Has anyone here done it this way? If so, could you tell me what items were stressed more than others on the first test? I'm just now starting Cicso II, and I'd like a head start on studying for the test. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    JBeamJBeam Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would recommend reading the Stickied FAQ for the CCNA. The CCNA can be 2 tests or 1. I personally am going to take the 1 test. If you read the forums there is alot of debate about which route to take. The 2 test, you test for the INTRO to ccna, and then you could spend time studying just the INCD test. So basically your taking a 100 questions, or you could take the combined and take 50 questions.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You can check out the Cisco CCNA page for the "exam blueprints."

I went through the Cisco Network Academy courses and throught they did a good job of preparation for the CCNA exam. I did the one exam option - took my CCNA 4 final on a Tuesday, did the voucher exam and the 2 practice CCNA exams, and passed the CCNA exam on that Friday.

I thought you could only use one Academy voucher, so even though I took the first voucher exam for practice, I waited for the 2nd voucher exam at the end and used that voucher for the CCNA exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For the Intro exam I would imagine all the material you learned in the first half of the Cisco courses are on the test, there is a book from the Cisco press that covers just the Intro exam if you want to narrow it down. I can tell you that if you don't know subnetting then don't bother taking the test, also know how to spot broadcast and collsion domains from topology maps, know what cables are used to interconnect devices (crossovers, straight throughs, etc..), and know how mac address tables are updated on a fresh network. That's a bit of help right there, I just sat the Intro less than 2 weeks ago so that is pretty much what I remember needing to know without giving away any anwsers or questions.