Options

The stress is over...I Passed.

vsmith3rdvsmith3rd Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
Wow. I can actually live and breathe again. At least until Monday, when I start studying for the 70-290. I used MS Press for the last month and a half and in the last two weeks, I viewed some TestOut and Transcender. I was so stressed because the Transcender was a bit difficult and I thought I would really struggle with the real exam. The actual test was a little easier than practice questions.

I made a mistake that I'll never make again, and the bad thing is I knew better. I stayed up late taking practice exam after practice exam, and started getting really sleepy during the actual test. I read the same questions over and over, just trying to grasp what they were saying.

The few seconds that it takes to announce your pass/fail status seemed like an eternity.

In the future, I will be much better prepared. Oh yeah, I scored 842.

Thanks to all of you at TechExams.net. :D
Certified Lunatic.

Comments

• Options
    -EOS--EOS- Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! Go get the 70-290.
  • Options
    amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
    WELL DONE BUDDY :D
    Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I experienced something while studying for the 70-270 that really started making me anxious. I also have the MCSA/MCSE MSPress series, and the urge to start studying 70-290 while studying 70-270 was very strong. I felt like a sponge trying to soak everything up. On the surface, this may sound like a good thing, but I really started getting anxious to the point of distraction. I just hope it doesn't happen while studying 70-290.
    Certified Lunatic.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, and good luck on the 70-290.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Congrats! :D
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    GeorgeMcFly22GeorgeMcFly22 Member Posts: 109
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    vsmith3rd wrote:
    Thanks guys. I experienced something while studying for the 70-270 that really started making me anxious. I also have the MCSA/MCSE MSPress series, and the urge to start studying 70-290 while studying 70-270 was very strong. I felt like a sponge trying to soak everything up. On the surface, this may sound like a good thing, but I really started getting anxious to the point of distraction. I just hope it doesn't happen while studying 70-290.

I can totally relate to this. It seems that as soon as I decide to begin studying in earnest for an exam, I immediately develop an interest in other areas of IT. I end up researching and toying around with other stuff to the point of neglecting what I had decided to study. Very very frustrating. Maybe a psychologist has a name for this behavior. icon_lol.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    First off congratulations!!!
    I end up researching and toying around with other stuff to the point of neglecting what I had decided to study. Very very frustrating. Maybe a psychologist has a name for this behavior.

Must be called working in IT because i do exactly the same.

I mean why am I sat here writing assembly code when I should be studying for the 270? lol

Surely it must be a healthy thing?
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Surely it must be a healthy thing?

I hope so. I just started studying for the 290, and I found myself picking up a book on scripting, and very tempted to pick up a Command Line Admin's Pocket Guide, CCNA and Server+ Training Kit. Ugh...I need help.

And thanks to all for the Congrats.
    Certified Lunatic.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    vsmith3rd wrote:
    and very tempted to pick up a Command Line Admin's Pocket Guide,

Get it, it's a great book. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Thanks sprkymrk, I think I just might do that.
    Certified Lunatic.