Options

If a company ask you to phone back...

GundamtdkGundamtdk Member Posts: 210
If a company ask you to phone back, be prepare for a phone interview.

I learned that the hard way when a company left a message asking me to phone back. Never in the message the person stated it was a phone interview.

I thought I was phoning back to setup an face-to-face interview instead I got a full blown phone interview. Needless to say I was not prepared for it.

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A lot of company's like to see if the individual can hold their composure while under a stressful spontaneous situation. Believe it or not, many people will fall apart in situations like these and it helps company's "weed" out those types of people. Of course this may be a questionable method to many. Many people feel the conventional method of doing interviews is the best way and others think that there should be twists on the interview process. Perhaps it's best that anytime you knowingly are contacting a company, be prepared. Make sure you have a copy of your resume/references in front of you and do a bit of research (if it's your 1st time talking to the company, it wouldn't have to be extensive) about the company before contacting them.

Let us know how everything turns out and good luck with your job searching!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks