Simulation Question

waruwaru Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Im going to be sitting the CCNA in the next couple of weeks and want to know whether I will be expected to type in full commands during the router sims or whether abbreviated commands are acceptable?

i.e config t or configure terminal

Cheers
waru

Comments

• Deadmaster200Deadmaster200 Member Posts: 145
    The sim questions are very close to working on a real router. The real sim questions are not anything like the cheap sims in some of these practice test problems.

You can use abbreviated commands. You can use help. You will get the typical error message if you fat finger or don't include all necessary arguments.

The only thing you can't use is the tab key, I think (at least that's what the sidebar said, but I didn't test it.)

Also, kinda like using the Boson deal, if you try to use commands outside the realm of CCNA or that particular sim question, it will tell you those commands are not supported even though they are listed when using help.

Because of the above stated, if you have time to kill from doing the normal questions quickly, you can ace the sims even if you don't know exactly what you are doing if you take your time, think logically, and use help.
  • waruwaru Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice. will save my fingers a bit of work!!

As for having time to kill, are you able to go back to the sims and do them again at the end? I thought you couldnt review your answers?

Cheers
  • Deadmaster200Deadmaster200 Member Posts: 145
    That's right.

You cannot go back. But you can gauge how much time you can spend on sims versus regular questions based on how well you take tests, your average time per question thus far when you get to a sim, and how many question you have left versus remaining time.
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have a question

If you answer part of the sim (if for example it said to carry out 3 tasks) is just a "right or wrong" scenario or do you get correct marks if you answer part of the sim question correctly?

Thanks

Malc