Options

Evaluation Edition question

vsmith3rdvsmith3rd Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
I hope this isn't off topic. If so, I apologize for posting in the wrong forum.

I have just obtained my MCP Certification with Windows XP Professional (70-270). I am currently pursuing my MCSA and eventually my MCSE. I purchased the Microsoft Press Windows Server 2003 Core Requirements, which contained the evaluation edition of Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition and Training Kits for the core four exams for MCSE. I understand that Microsoft offers free copies of this Evaluation Edition at request. If I am unable to obtain my MCSE in the 180 days from activating this, do I have to get another free copy or can I re-install and re-activate the same copy with the same product key for another 180 days?
Certified Lunatic.

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1 evaluation edition will not cut it for your entire MCSE track. Some exams you will want to have 3+ servers. For example, I had several 2003 servers when doing 294 to create separate domains, trees, forests, external trusts, etc. I'm not sure about being able to re-activate the same evaluation copy as I haven't used the evaluation copies. My personal advise to you if you do not hear back from anybody with a definitive answer, is to get several evaluation copies, and just get new product keys for them when you need to install a new copy. I usually wiped all my machines at the start of every exam to start on a clean slate.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    vsmith3rdvsmith3rd Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry for the late reply...Thanks icroyal.
    Certified Lunatic.