Options

zero networking experience

francoofrancoo Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I got zero experience when it comes to networking .I got my A+12 years ago.
6 years not working in IT field.I wanna go back ,Iwas told to do N+,
is it worthed ?
and how long it would take for a person like me out of IT?
please let me know [/b] icon_confused.gif
be happy

Comments

• Options
    francoo wrote:
    I got zero experience when it comes to networking .I got my A+12 years ago.
    6 years not working in IT field.I wanna go back ,Iwas told to do N+,
    is it worthed ?
    and how long it would take for a person like me out of IT?
    please let me know [/b]
    be happy
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Net+ is not that difficult as long as your study habits are good. It's an entry level certification. Check out the tech notes on this site for starters.

http://www.techexams.net/technotes.php

Net+ is a good intro to the CCNA path, and since you already have your A+ it can count as an elective on MCSA if you choose to go that route. So combined with your A+ or as an intro to Cisco, yes it's worth it.

I couldn't begin to estimate how long it would take you, but the best thing to do is not worry about how long, and just get started. It will be over before you know it. Good luck! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Network+ is definitely a good starting point if you want to look into the networking field, it will give you exposure to the topic so you will know if networking is something you want to do. If you do you have good study habits this shouldn't be too tough, I personally recommend the exam cram network plus book, just be sure to buy the book for the N10-003 exam. I bought the book for the N10-002 exam and it still helped me pass but it was missing some topics, but i have experience in the field which also helped. Hope this was helpful let us know if you need anything else and good luck!
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would have to agree with everyone else here. Net + seems like it would benefit you a lot. I just recently got out of a tech school and am hoping having Net + will help me as well, I also have zero network support experience. Good luck!
  • Options
    thank you indeed,all of you
    be happy
  • Options
    netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
    Network+ is efinitely worth having if you want to get into the networking field, so go for it, dont delay icon_wink.gif
    Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"