Does the order really matter?

DejuiceDejuice Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am about to embark upon the MCSA 2000 track and my question is ...does it make a difference which exam I start with (70-210 or 70-215)?? I know that the recommended path is 210 followed by 215 etc but I have also been reading/hearing that if you start with 215 then 210 becomes much easier to study for, for those of you who have done or who are in the process of doing these 2 exams can you shed any light on this me?? What would you suggest? Your input is appreciated.

Comments

• LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    I would start with 70-210 and then take 70-215. 70-215 builds on what you've learned from 210 and adds the extras that come with win2k server.

Just my 2 cents.....
  • David_BrentDavid_Brent Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When I was teaching MCSA my students went for 215 first and then 210, they found that 210 was easier. Also their confidence was boosted a bit by passing 215 knowing that this was a reasonably hard one.
    Myself I never stuck to a "certain" path, I did the exams in the order I preferred to study.
    My 2cents...
    Koen

CCNP CCDP MCSE MCSA:Messaging

"I’ve created an atmosphere where I’m a friend first, boss second. Probably entertainer third.” - David Brent
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Order doesn't matter, but the exams are easier when you study the ones that overlap the most together. Take 210 then 215 or 215 then 210, don't stick 218 in the middle.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    there is probably enough server stuff in the 210 books/exam to warrant having win2k server installed in your lab anyway. whether you want to study for the server exam first, or just cover enough server material to help you understand the server content in the client exam, is probably personal taste.
    A+ Moderator