Options

WSUS Problems

SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
hi everyone

I have WSUS setup and syncronized (pulling down Windows,office and exchange updates) it is also set to pull down the criticle and secuirty updates

the problem is it has not pulled down the DST update 931836.

I thought this update was able to be delpoyed by using WSUS... am I mistaken or did I configure something incorrectly

Comments

• Options
    I just found a thread in after googling that states it it in the update rollups

I will let everyone know if this fixes it
  • Options
    that worked

now I'm just hoping all the systems we have get picked up
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Glad we were able to help icon_wink.gif
    Kam.
  • Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    Ithink the DST update was released last year in November. There should be one for Server and one for XP. I don't have the KB#'s right now.
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • Options
    billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
    has anyone setup WSUS using a back-end SQL server? I am stuck when the whitepaper describes something about running a script on the SQL server, any ideas?
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @billybob01

http://207.46.196.114/WindowsServer/en/library/9e01d057-6b39-4eb7-b151-dff7ad0cd6381033.mspx?mfr=true
    • Run a SQL script to identify how update storage is being managed on the front-end computer

then further down the page:
    To identify on the back-end computer how update storage is being managed on the front-end computer

• At the command prompt, type one of the following commands, depending on how you set up the front-end computer:

• If you chose local storage on the front-end computer, type:

"%programfiles%\update services\tools\osql\osql.exe" -S SQLServerName -E -b -n -Q "USE SUSDB UPDATE dbo.tbConfigurationA SET HostOnMu = '0' UPDATE dbo.tbConfigurationB SET LocalContentCacheLocation = N'LocalContentCacheLocation Value'"

whereSQLServerName is the name of the SQL Server instance that holds the SUSDB database; where %programfiles% is the location of the Program Files folder on the front-end computer; and where LocalContentCacheLocation Value is the actual string used to identify where in the file system of the front-end computer to store content, with \WSUSContent appended to the end. For example, if you used C:\WSUS on the front-end computer, you would type C:\WSUS\WSUSContent. Do not use a network location or a UNC path. Do not add a trailing backslash (\).

• If you chose remote storage on Microsoft Update, type the following:

"%programfiles%\update services\tools\osql\osql.exe" -S SQLServerName -E -b -n -Q "USE SUSDB UPDATE dbo.tbConfigurationA SET HostOnMu = '1' UPDATE dbo.tbConfigurationB SET LocalContentCacheLocation = N'%programfiles%\Update Services\WsusContent'"

where SQLServerName is the name of the SQL Server instance on the back-end computer; and where %programfiles% is the location of the Program Files folder on the front-end computer.
    All things are possible, only believe.