Exchange 2003 5.2.1 NDR

This is driving me crazy. I have two scenarios where users are getting 5.2.1 NDRs.

"The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused. Attempt to resend the message. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. "

Scenario 1:

User1 gets the 5.2.1 NDR when sending any mail to user2. User1 can send mail to anyone else without issue. User2 receives mail from others without issue. The issue is not consistent. Sometimes mail from user1 to user2 is delivered without issue.

Scenario 2:

This user getting the 5.2.1 NDR on any emais sent to several users. The user has no issues receiving mail.

I have already checked the obvious:

- No MBXs are disabled
- All associated accounts has valid SIDs
- Neither of the two scenarios involve sending mail to a public folder
- No phantom delegates anywhere
- Messages being sent are not too large

I am running 2 clustered MBX servers, 2 FE servers, and 2 PF servers.

I tired message tracking to no avail. Message tracking is failing when the tracking needs to go from one cluster to the other:

"The tracking database on EVS1.domain.company.com is not available or the message has left the Exchange organization. Facility: Microsoft Exchange Management ID no: c1032751 Microsoft Exchange Management"

I am at a loss. Thoughts?

Comments

• RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What version of Exchange? I'm assuming 2003 but have any Service Packs been installed? Is user1 sending an attachment when he gets the NDR? Does User2 have an email quota?