Options

Its hard to find a job!

2»

Comments

• Options
    coldbugcoldbug Member Posts: 189
    hey guys,

i just got a job at Radio Shack as Sales Associate, and hoping to apply for a Service Technician job when they have an opening.
    I am moving to LA on April 11, and District Manager said he will transfer me over there.
    On my second day (havnt sold a thing cause i was still on training), Store mgr asked me if i am good at computers. I told him, i have A+ and Network+ certs.
    He said "Good, can you set up a Printer?"
    I went to look at it, and it was a huge printer. OKI 6100 Color Printer
    I never installed an office printer in my life, and i wanted to do it so bad.
    So, i said "Yes, No problem"..LOL. Then, i had to disconnect the server and old printer as i wanted to place the new printer there. He told me to do it 30 mins before the store is closed (8:30pm), so i started the process of moving stuffs around 8:15, and disconnect the server..then 3-4 customers showed up..lol
    i was in trouble as the customers wanted to pay, but the POS was down. I was sweating. So, i connected all the wires temporarily just to run the server. Problem was his wireless mouse and wireless keyboard were not working.
    I remember somone told me the first step in trouble shooting is to Reboot the computer, so i did it. It worked..lmao..so Customers paid for items and left. We closed the store.
    Then, i checked at the back office and i saw so many wires and cables. That was my first time ever witnessing the Network Cables and Wires crisis. They were so bundled up, and i had no idea which one was which and where it goes.
    Man, i had to trace down every single wires that i needed to work on...that was the hardest part..lol..and OMG Configuration on Printer could not be done without the help from its Manufacturer web site's instructions. The instruction book that came with the printer was totally useless.
    Finally, around 10:00 pm, the job was done. Then, i realized that $4,500 worth of tech schooling was very useful while working with server and its stupid cables.
    That was my first time EVER to work as an IT guy at work, and i was so so proud of myself..hehehe.

Good Luck on your Certs guys!
    "If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."