Options

CCNA Intro Exam 640-821 Topics

powelltpowellt Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

I am due to take the exam at the end of April and have been rifling through some test king questions I downloaded from their site (I have paid for these surprisingly)

There are 163 pages of questions apparently for the 640-821 exam, however some of the topics covered by these questions include NAT, routing protocols and a few ACL questions.

I was under the impression that these topics are covered under the ICND exam. Can anyone provide me with a list of topics definitely covered?

Thanks.

Tyrone

Comments

• Options
    JBeamJBeam Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Quick google search came up with this:
    The Introduction to Cisco Networking Technologies exam is one of the two qualifying exams available to candidates pursuing a two-exam option for CCNA. This exam tests content covered in the Introduction to Cisco Networking Technologies (INTRO) course including topics on Network Types, Network Media, Switching Fundamentals, TCP/IP, IP Addressing and Routing, WAN Technologies, Operating and Configuring IOS Devices, and Managing Network Environments. The exam will certify that the successful candidate has important knowledge and skills necessary to describe and identify major network and WAN components, along with their function and purpose.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/640-821.html
  • Options
    liteheddedlitehedded Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    nat and ACL is not covered in my INTRO book from cisco press. I hope it's not on the exam
  • Options
    JBeamJBeam Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    According to the site i linked from Cisco, it doesn't say anything about NAT and ACLs. I'm enrolled in a Cisco Academy for the CCNA and we did go over ACLs in Module 2 which they say Mod 1 and 2 are for the Intro exam, and Mod 3 & 4 are for the INCD. As for NAT we just went over it in Mod 4 so I don't think it would be on there, but the ACLs might.

Good luck!