Options

Watch out for (bootleg) online Cisco module answers!

Tricon7Tricon7 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 238
Just an FYI - I'm in a Cisco networking class, and we have online tests which are open book and we can go online to search, also. I've seen a number of different websites on which they have all the same questions to my quiz modules(!), as well as the "correct" selected answer(s). I've followed two of these supposed answer keys only to discover that their "answers" are not necessarily correct (as reflected by my quiz grade). In fact, I've seen different answer keys to the same module with different answers. And I know what you're thinking - "You shouldn't be looking for easy answers and cheating" - but I am, after all, allowed to search online, and I though I had the true answers sitting right in front of me. Who would turn that away? I picked what I thought was right and then checked. Anyway, just watch out. Don't trust these keys. Find the answers in some other fashion than by looking for that exact same question in a Google search.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Tricon7 wrote:
    Who would turn that away?
    icon_lol.gif I never considered looking up an answer when I was in the academy. I didn't even realize it was an option until I saw the class average drop 20% between the module exams and the proctored closed book final exam at the end of CCNA 1.

It depends on the Academy -- I was on-line self-paced with the final in the schools proctored test lab. Some academies make the students take the on-line module exams as part of the class (closed book), others let the students take the exams at home (open book), etc.

Since my class was online -- we could see the "class averages" and that's where I saw the 20% drop.

But after the first semester (CCNA1), when all the people who's scores dropped didn't sign up for the next semesters, our class averages were somewhere around 95%.

The CCNA isn't open book, so if you expect to pass that, you might just want to limit your class module exam "look ups" to just the courseware -- and you should have studied enough so that those look ups are far and few between.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!