Options

Cheapest way to access IOS images from Cisco?

Deadmaster200Deadmaster200 Member Posts: 145
By cheapest, I definitely don't mean free and illegal.

I read somewhere that you can order some service package or something from Cisco fairly cheaply to get that access, but I can't remember the details.

Mike? Darby?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You'd be looking for a SmartNet Contract.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ordering/

If you choose the Purchase Through an Online Partner and select your geographic area, you can then do searches for "smartnet" and your product model number to get an idea of the confusing array of options available. If you sort by price, lowest first, then you're probably closer to contracts that give you the software upgrade capabilities. For some of the contract prices at the high end I'd expect a CCIE living in a trailer outside my house 24/7 with a semi-trailer full of spare parts. icon_eek.gif

Once you figure out all the confusing options and find the software upgrade smartnet contracts, you can google to see if you can find other online partners that could offer you a better deal on the price.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Libero78Libero78 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    shoudnt these firmware updates be free of charge ?
    all other soho router vendors justput the latest firmware on there website, to download, why does cisco makes us pay extra to download fixes to earlier firmware programmng errors ?
    Cogito Ergo Sum
  • Options
    We're not talking about firmware updates or soho routers (though Cisco does own Linksys).
  • Options
    Libero78Libero78 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:
    We're not talking about firmware updates or soho routers (though Cisco does own Linksys).

ios is kinda extrended firmware isnt it ?
    and i couldnt get any new ios for my 877 or any 800 series router that is.
    Cogito Ergo Sum
  • Options
    Libero78 wrote:
    ios is kinda extrended firmware isnt it ?
    No, IOS=Internetwork Operating System