Options

Can not attend Academys in Singapore

optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
I called the two places that offer the Cisco Academy for CCNP - Nanyang Polytechnic and Temesek Polytechnic. You have to already be a student in the Univeristies to attend. One also said they only accept current students enrolled in a degree program and preferred corporate customers. Are all the academies like this? I guess I won't have to worry about attending anymore since I am sure as heck not going to enroll in a degree program just to attend.

What a crock. icon_mad.gif

Comments

• Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    You already have a CCNA, can't you find work with one of their 'preferred corporate customers'?
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    Hahaha. You're pretty funny. Yeah, I will give up my company where I make big $$$ and have 10 years seniorty so I can go attend the Cisco Academy. Your a funny person. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    optimus wrote:
    Hahaha. You're pretty funny. Yeah, I will give up my company where I make big $$$ and have 10 years seniorty so I can go attend the Cisco Academy. Your a funny person. icon_lol.gif

sorry, I should have already known all of that icon_redface.gif

If you've already got all of that stuff, what's the big deal about getting into the school?
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    Good question! It is the pursuit of knowledge I guess. I am and probably always will be in the IT technical field. Yes, I have a good job now, but I know that the strenghtening of my skills and certs can only help things, and also my future. I am more valuable to my employer when I have CCNP, etc. Also, what if tough times come about? I need to be able to land on my feet (and certs), and get another job. :D Also, maybe I might like to try a different company someday. These certs would help with that also.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    To answer your original question (and no I'm not trying to be funny);

No, not all Cisco Academies are like that. The one I attended was at a community college, and I was not enrolled in any other classes, just the Cisco Academy course.

Does the University where you earned your BS offer the Cisco classes? Or are you no longer located near where you attended?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    I attending a U.S. college, so I can't go to them. I am just going to do it alone. It can be done of course. I think that anyone who can attend the academy though should. It sounds like a really good program.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Okay, best of luck to you. I agree the Cisco Acad is a very good program.
    All things are possible, only believe.