Options

CBTNuggets?

BF2MadBF2Mad Member Posts: 171
Hi Guys,

After a break after getting my MCSE I am ready for a new challenge and will be going down the CCNA path icon_eek.gif

My questions are to do with CBT Nuggets, during my MCSE studying CBT Nuggets featured as my main study material and I am hoping to use them for my CCNA.

Questions

1. Are the CBT Nuggets for Cisco any good?
2. I have a version of CBT Nuggets at work but it says it is for exam version "640-607" and I believe we are now up to "640-801" to save some money will I be ok with "640-607" or should I go and get the new version, what is different.
3. Is this a good time to take a CCNA for example is there going to be a new version of the exam in a month etc.

Thanks for the help :D

Comments

• Options
    redgoblinredgoblin Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CBT nuggets for the CCNA is a very useful resource. Sometimes when I've not fully understood the Cisco Press explanations, the nuggets have explained things in a different light which has helped alot. It shouldn't really be your main study resource but as a supplement I think its excellent and will let you have expert training in a lecture format to fill in any gaps in knowledge and give you alot of tips and tricks. For best results, combine nuggets with the Cisco press books as well as a home lab and you're gonna be halfway there!
  • Options
    kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you're going to use CBT nugget videos you definitely need to get the 640-801
    version. In fact even the new version which covers Netware
    isn't on the current exam. If you are new to cisco I highly recommend the
    the CBT nugget video. I find myself going back to the video every now and then.
    Emilio the instructer really knows is stuff. Hope this helps :D
  • Options
    BF2MadBF2Mad Member Posts: 171