Options

Who has used the Transender, then taken the 70-270 Exam?

RulkiewiczRulkiewicz Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am taking the Transender, on top of using a few other study guides, and went to New Horizons for training for the 70-270 Exam.

I am begining to memorize the answers in the Transender, so when I get a question where I automaticlly know the answer, I reason within myself WHY the other options are NOT correct. This helps.

But my question to you is: Are the questions on the 70-270 test similar to the Transender questions?

I have read that the Transender question for the 70-290 Exam are harder than the actual 70-290 test.

I would like your input. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    rhelt100rhelt100 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Rulkiewicz wrote:
    I am taking the Transender, on top of using a few other study guides, and went to New Horizons for training for the 70-270 Exam.

I am begining to memorize the answers in the Transender, so when I get a question where I automaticlly know the answer, I reason within myself WHY the other options are NOT correct. This helps.

But my question to you is: Are the questions on the 70-270 test similar to the Transender questions?

I have read that the Transender question for the 70-290 Exam are harder than the actual 70-290 test.

I would like your input. Thanks!

I'm curious about this too. I'm planning on taking 70-270 next week and I started using transcenders yesterday. I can also affirm what you've heard about the 70-290 transcenders. They are much, much harder than the actual exam. It's possible that this was due to me having an older copy of the transcender exam. Some of the questions that came up weren't even covered by the 70-290 exam.
  • Options
    RulkiewiczRulkiewicz Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How much hands on experience did you have before taking the 290?
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    The questions are somewhat similar, in that they are on the same subjects and are often structured similarly. And yes, the Transcenders are often harder - or as hard as - the real exam questions.
    witty comment
  • Options
    rhelt100rhelt100 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Rulkiewicz wrote:
    How much hands on experience did you have before taking the 290?

A fair amount of hands on experience. I'm a systems associate for a large data center. The thing is, our server builds are all documented out, so while I was very familiar with certain aspects of the OS...I had zero experience with other parts.
  • Options
    vsmith3rdvsmith3rd Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have used Transcender to prepare for 70-270. While using it, I started getting a little anxious as I could only manage between 80%-90% after each exam. I started to doubt my readiness for the actual exam, as I wanted to ace the practice before the real. When sitting for the real exam, I was relieved to find that it was a bit easier than the Transcender. I would recommend thorough preparation before taking the Transcender, as you don't want to repeated take the same exams, as you will tend to memorize the answers. This isn't so bad if you are learning why the answers are what they are. Just my $.02.
    Certified Lunatic.