Options

setup a user account + home directory.

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
I was wondering...

How do I go about setting up a user within active directory, have a place where users can have their own drive (network drive).

Example:

I have 100 people working at my company. I add all the users to active directory, but I don't want to go back through and create folders for their specific name.

Is there a way to setup the user and have active directory create the folder for me?

I have heard that this can be done without scripts. And also done without spending hours creating folders for each individual person.

Thanks,
Jamie
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S

Comments

• Options
    hanakuinhanakuin Member Posts: 144
    \\servername\share\%username% The folder will be created within the share so you'll wont have to create it beforehand. You can do this by selecting the group of individual accounts you want to change and apply the above change. Or you could script it. Make this change within ADUC and on the profile tab.
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    If the accounts aren't created yet you can also configure a template account with a profile path to the location where the profiles should be stored - then when you copy it, the profile path will be amended to the relevant folder name.
    witty comment