"Planning and Design" section of the 640-801 CCNA
I was previously certified under the CCDA program but my certification has expired. However, I have the Cisco Press Self-study Guide for the 640-861 DESGN exam. In the self-study guide, it mentions a 8 step design process. For the "Planning and Design" section of the 640-801 CCNA exam, aren't all 8 steps a bit of overkill? Are the following steps relevant for the "Planning and Design" section of the 640-801 CCNA:
- Identify Customer Requirements.
- Figure out what the requirements are.
- Draw and map out the current network.
- Figure out the relevant section of the network needs to be configured/reconfigured to meet the requirements.
- Visualize all the Cisco IOS commands that you'd need to configure in order to implement the requirements.
- Implement the plan you designed then make sure that what you implemented is working properly.