Options

Starting my studies for 70-290

DiddycoonDiddycoon Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I decided to try the CBT Nuggets training coarse to study for this one.
This is the first time I've ever used tutor lead videos over a good book.
Should prove a interesting and hopefully a effective way to learn.

I'll see how it goes but hopefully I'll be ready to take this exam in a month or two.

Any general suggestions or pointers are very welcome.

icon_cool.gif

Comments

• Options
    dabve3dabve3 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have never used CBT Nuggets. I have used Microsoft Press books for all my exams so far. I like the practice questions that come with the book and the fact that it comes with a trial version of Server 2003. I would make sure you have some hands on time with Server 2003 before you take the exam so you can nail the simulation questions.

A month or two should be enough time to get ready but don't book the exam until you feel ready. It is no big deal if you wait an extra week or two to make sure you are ready.
  • Options
    DiddycoonDiddycoon Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Server configuration, managerment and maintenance is breaking new ground for me.
    My job generally involves network troubleshooting and end user support so it's going to be challenging.

Think I will setup a test server either at work or at home so I can screw around.
    But of coarse I find all this stuff interesting anyway so I'm eager to learn about new things.
    I don't see it as chore, I think of it more as a recreational pass time / hobby.
    Tonight I've been learning about basic and dynamic disk managerment and software implemented RAID 0,1 & 5, all seems fairly straight forward (so far).