Forwarding options internally

dmwdmw Posts: 81Member ■■□□□□□□□□
Can anyone give suggestions on this scenario. I have an existing universal distribution group that has two smtp addresses associated for example [email protected] (used by external people to contact internal) and [email protected]. I want to setup another address for external people to use for example [email protected] and want this to forward to the the orginal [email protected].

Can I just setup an email alias under the existing dist group and add the other smtp address? Is there a better way to do this?
Rebooting computers since 1999

Comments

• royalroyal Posts: 3,353Member
    I don't have access to an Exchange 2003 server atm, but I know you can definitely configure a fake user and give him an e-mail address of [email protected] and have that user's e-mails automatically forwarded to [email protected].
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • dmwdmw Posts: 81Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    That is exactly what I did but was curious if that is the best solution. Couldn't I have just added the smtp address to an existing user and then all the emails sent there would go to that user?
    Rebooting computers since 1999