Forwarding options internally

dmwdmw Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
Can anyone give suggestions on this scenario. I have an existing universal distribution group that has two smtp addresses associated for example support@domain1.com (used by external people to contact internal) and internalgroup@domain2.com. I want to setup another address for external people to use for example techsupport@domain2.com and want this to forward to the the orginal internalgroup@domain2.com.

Can I just setup an email alias under the existing dist group and add the other smtp address? Is there a better way to do this?
Rebooting computers since 1999

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't have access to an Exchange 2003 server atm, but I know you can definitely configure a fake user and give him an e-mail address of techsupport@domain2.com and have that user's e-mails automatically forwarded to internalgroup@domain2.com.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • dmwdmw Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That is exactly what I did but was curious if that is the best solution. Couldn't I have just added the smtp address to an existing user and then all the emails sent there would go to that user?
    Rebooting computers since 1999