Options

PASSED - One left for MCSA ....... I'm totally bankrupt!

CosmocatCosmocat Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed this monster today on my frist attempt about two hours ago with 828/922 (or 1000 ?). I went through the first sections very fast where you have to agree to the rules etc before you can start the test so I'm not sure about the max points (it's displayed there)...still....I'm very pleased with my score. I had 30 minutes extra since English isn't my native language but had about 45 minutes left when I FREEZED and pressed the END EXAM button and didn't kill myslef icon_wink.gif

I didn't think I would pass so I bought exam insurance and now when I passed on my first attempt Microsoft is giving a 25% discount on my next test icon_cool.gif

I got 5 SIMS and I was pretty sure about a lot of things but some tasks were probably not 100% correct. Luckely you can fool around a bit and start over again if you figured out that you messed up. My strategy was going for the normal questions first and I spent the remaining time of the test doing all the sims.

Regarding the normal questions (pick two etc) I think that the questions weren't so tricky. Some questions I didn't know much about but after reading them two times you could figure out what was totally wrong.

I used the following to prepare:

* Full version of Transcenders testkit (expensive but superb...the SIMS rule).
* MindLeaders E-learning (not updated with the latest stuff but good for the basics).
* Sybex (don't rely passing with just this one...needs to be updated even though the book is really good).
* Microsoft Training kit (did some labs but not to much time working with that book).
* Exam CRAM (great...make sure to go through that book so you know it in your sleep).
* Preplogic MEGA guide (not as good as the guide for the XP cert...needs improvement!).
* Info I found in this superb forum!
* DEMO test found on the web: uCertify, Preplogic, SelfTest etc) + demo/full-tests provided with the books above.

TIME SPENT: About two months but about two weeks CRAMING like a maniac. Have been reading for this in combination with XP.

I'm totally bankrupt icon_cry.gif now after the XP cert and 2003 server so I have to wait about a month before I can take my next cert 70-291. But STILL: No pain, no gain :D

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU THAT HAVEN'T PASSED 70-290 YET :)

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

That was quite a decent list of study materials. Good example for the rest of us. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    Good job that is a solid score as well!
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Much congratulations to you after all your hard work and studying! Good luck on your 70-291.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    GeorgeMcFly22GeorgeMcFly22 Member Posts: 109
    Congrats, nice revue!
  • Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Congrats! :D
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool, congrats on the pass and thanks for the overview of training materials. Give yourself a break, let your brain cool off a little bit, and then good luck on 70-291.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    VantageUKVantageUK Member Posts: 111
    Congrats mate.

Good luck on the next one.
  • Options
    CosmocatCosmocat Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    THANKS all :D

Already have the 70-291 books but will take a break before starting to icon_study.gif on that one.
  • Options
    VantageUKVantageUK Member Posts: 111
    I normally have a break of a week icon_sad.gif

Impending redundancy, gotta get 'em done quick icon_sad.gif