Help with WIC 1T

fid500fid500 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello
This is my first post here. I want to think everyone on this site. It has been very helpful so far.
So let me present my scenario. I am trying to build a home lab. I have two 2500 series and two 2610 routers. I connected the 2500 routers back to back and wroked fine, but I have a problem connecting the 2610 to one of the 2500. My 2610 router has two ethernet interfaces and one WIC 1t module. I logged into the 2610 and configured the interface (IP Add 192.168.22.5 255.255.255.0, Router Rip.....). When I run show ip int, it tells the protocol is down.
I am using DTE for 2610 and DCE for 2514.

Can anyone direct me to a website,(I looked online and coudlnt find anything about setting a back to back serial connection using wic 1t), or give me some suggestions on how to go about doing this?

Thanks

Comments

• emsrescueemsrescue Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Have you issued the "no shutdown" on each interface and assigned a clock rate to the DCE end?

I have a couple of 1721's with wic-1t's in them that setup the same as my 2500's.

Jon
  • fid500fid500 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    emsrescue, Thanks for your response

I figured it out. I think the problem is the router itself. Once I put the card in another 2610 router, the link worked and I could ping and telnet all the routers.
    I will have to figure out what s the problem with the previous router.