Options

Gateway Laptop Question

telecomops101telecomops101 Member Posts: 128
A friend on mine asked me to take a look at one of his co-workers gateway laptop's. He said the computer had a virus and the OS crashed. Gateway told his co-worker that is would cost 360.00 to repair, because she needed a new motherboard and hard drive. Do you really believe that this is possible? I figured I would wipe the drive, reformat and reinstall the OS. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance....
"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence."

Comments

• Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A friend on mine asked me to take a look at one of his co-workers gateway laptop's. He said the computer had a virus and the OS crashed. Gateway told his co-worker that is would cost 360.00 to repair, because she needed a new motherboard and hard drive. Do you really believe that this is possible? I figured I would wipe the drive, reformat and reinstall the OS. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance....

Yeah...I think it is possible that Gateway thinks he needs a new Hard Drive and Motherboard because he is infected with a virus. Why not buy an AC adapter and a new laptop case while we're at it. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Options
    initialdinitiald Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah...I think it is possible that Gateway thinks he needs a new Hard Drive and Motherboard because he is infected with a virus. Why not buy an AC adapter and a new laptop case while we're at it.

...or throw that Gateway in the garbage and buy a Mac. Sorry, I couldn't resist (yes, I'm a Mac user). icon_cool.gif
    Regg'

"Life without knowledge is death in disguise."