Options

Practice Lab

DejuiceDejuice Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am more or less a newbie who has just started studying for the 70-210 exam (about a week now) so please bare with me. I keep reading how it would be a good idea to set up a lab. My question is..what exactly is involved in setting up a lab and what do i need in terms of software and hardware? I already have 2 pcs that are in a peer to peer network (I am using Win2k) and a hub, do I need anything more than this and if so what else would you suggest that I get my hands on?

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Ideally you would have 1 client (2k pro) and 1 w2k server, an Internet connection, a printer, and an additional hard disk in one of the PCs.
  • Options
    LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    My lab consists of 2 dell 700mhz each with 10GB hard drive. Both set up to dual boot w2k and w2k adv server (for AD Replication and DNS), and a Compaq laptop with whatever flavor of linux im playing with at the time.
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1 more pc you need for a stand alone/member server if you are plan to create a domain of your own and that you will have 3 pcs : a client, a member server and a dc. dont get high spec for those pcs, just get the ideal recommended. wish you luck, bro...
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.