ISA 2004 Problem

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
Can anyone help me please. I have installed ISA 2004 and have a problem with users unable to send or receive emails. I have setup OWA access rule to allow the users to access their email from outside the Doamin of which they can do but they still cannot send or receive their emails. I have checked everything possible but obviously i am missing something along the line somewhere. Any ideas??

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am just barely learning ISA right now (actually I just learned yesterday how to publish OWA via ISA 2006), but I'll take a shot at it. You allowed ports via external and corporate firewall, created a web listener in ISA, and then published OWA? Make sure you are using basic authentication on your OWA folders in IIS. You'll also want to put a cert on your front-end server to make sure the link between ISA and Exchange Front-End is encrypted (although not necessary).
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Why arent you trying to go after Cisco certs instead of learning something like ISA?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
    Because i have just beem promoted (pushed) into the Systems Administrator role at work and what the Boss says goes!!!
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    billybob01 wrote:
    Because i have just beem promoted (pushed) into the Systems Administrator role at work and what the Boss says goes!!!

If I were you, I would try to convince them of a Linux product as a firewall. Our transparent firewall at work has been running for 2 years on Debian and we NEVER touch it. But that isn't always an option and I understand. Good luck!

By the way, I pose the same question for you icroyal. That question being in my last post.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!