Options

techincal to management or sales

outstreamoutstream Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I am working in a company, which is cisco channel partner. Currently I am working as field engineer there. I hold both CCNA and CCDA right now.

As my future plan, i want to move out of the technical department to maybe sales or pre-sales department. My question is, which certification will help me move from technical field to management or sales related field under the cisco umbrella.

On cisco site, in certifications list i have seen these ones which are related to sales in some way.

CSE, CSNSS, CSSS, CDCNSS, IPCAAM

i really dont want to do CSE because its not a Cisco career certification, but I dont know if its important in the world outside or not.

Please give your suggestions.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    mysql1988mysql1988 Member Posts: 115
    outstream wrote:
    Hi All,

I am working in a company, which is cisco channel partner. Currently I am working as field engineer there. I hold both CCNA and CCDA right now.

As my future plan, i want to move out of the technical department to maybe sales or pre-sales department. My question is, which certification will help me move from technical field to management or sales related field under the cisco umbrella.

On cisco site, in certifications list i have seen these ones which are related to sales in some way.

CSE, CSNSS, CSSS, CDCNSS, IPCAAM

i really dont want to do CSE because its not a Cisco career certification, but I dont know if its important in the world outside or not.

Please give your suggestions.

Thanks.

My advice is to do a CISSP, I know it is not a cisco cert but the level of difficulty and experience required to take the test is more geared towards management. Most IT management position really like someone who has a broad overview of security. My co-worker got it recently and he has been moved from my department to a higher level position. I plan on getting it when I rack up 4 years of experience, I am currently at 3.5 icon_mad.gif