Options

I don't know what to do with my career

GundamtdkGundamtdk Member Posts: 210
I have spent about 3 months searching for a technical support position and I have been unsuccessful in landing a job.

Worst yet, when I spent all my efforts into finding a job, I have let my technical skills wane.

From the small amount of interviews that I have gotten, I have started to forget the technical basics that I remembered 6 months ago.

I don't know if I should stop and relearn the material.

Maybe I should try and search for programming position since I have a programming background.

Maybe I should become a jack of all trades with programming and technical skills.

Should I start taking volunteer work with computers so that way I can build trust with people to show I can do the work?

There are so many choices but I don't know which one will lead me to success.

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What do you have fun with? Making computers your hobby can greatly increase your skills. But don't do anything that you aren't going to enjoy.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    Hercules_UkHercules_Uk Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I feel you - I did my CCNA 5 months back and have spent just over a month looking for a job - i did at times feel like i am forgetting everything i learnt - so i decided to spend 30-60mins each day going through my CCNA material + more cause i dont want to sound or present myself as a paper cert to a potential employer - i went through real hard work gettin where i am and really u cant just afford to sit there and let it slip away - keep polishin ur skills and hopefully u ll come across as an expert at an interview

about the programming - well that really depends if u enjoy doing that and see urself doing that for a living - i personal cant see myself as a programmer, i ve did java, C++, visual basic, sql+, lingo at uni and i hated it - but if u enjoy doing programming - go for it and apply for programming positions

tha idea of volunteering however sounds like a good one - if u have the apportunity to volunteer, i would recommend u to go for it
    currently working towards MCSA and job searching..........