Options

cd/dvd not autoplaying

telecomops101telecomops101 Member Posts: 128
I just replaced the exsisting cd/dvd reader in my new pc with a one year old Lite-on cd/dvd burner drive and the cd's and dvd's are not autoplaying. I see the device in device manager and all is normal. The light turns on on the burner, but the cd dosen't play. In explorer I have to open the device to read the information and manual start the program and it will then run normal. What can I check to have the autoplay feature. I am running windows xp.
"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence."

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Try right-clicking your cd-rom, go to its properties, and choose the autoplay tab. Make sure it's turned on.

Also, go to start > run > type regedit, and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdrom and double-click autorun and make sure that the Dword value of Autorun is set to 1. If there is no Autorun setting there, create a new Dword value of Autorun and set it to 1.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Is it a Data CD, Music or Movie? I assume are you talking about general auto play, right? Not a specific format.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    Yes , general autoplay. I just tried all the above steps and everything checked out fine. I did check those things prior to posting this, so double checking would be a good thing. Could i ahve made an erro with hooking up the device to the incorrect connector on the ide cable? Or could it be the jumper is set incorrectly. I did remove it from my old amchine and just poped it into my new one. Is this possible? Is there any real way for setting this device? Thanks
    "Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence."
  • Options
    Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    c. In the right pane, under Data, if the value for allocatecdroms is 0, go to step 5.
    d. In the right pane, under Data, if the value for allocatecdroms is 1, right-click allocatecdroms, and then click Modify.
    e. In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
    f. Quit Registry Editor.

In the above steps i noticed my system did not list allocatecdroms . Is this an issue.