Options

I was offered a job at APEX ,but I'm currently a Geek Squad

2bageek4life2bageek4life Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was offered a job at APEX as a computer tech ,but I'm currently working at Best Buy as a Geek Squad agent. APEX is paying a few cents less then what Best Buy is paying me currently , but I'm going to have a set number hours when working at Apex as compared to the random hours I receive at Best Buy.

I have been working as a Geek Squad Agent for about 6 months now ,ands the job is nothing more then ok.

I need some advise guys!

What should I do in this situation, take the job at Apex or stay as a Geek Squad agent.

P.S Apex also are partners with Dell , so I will go through training to earn my Dell desktop certification.

-Leroy icon_smile.gificon_twisted.gif

Comments

• Options
    SRTMCSESRTMCSE Member Posts: 249
    Take the job @ Apex. You're relatively new to the field I assume? A few job hops while you're still green won't negatively affect you too bad. Sounds like you're leaning to the new job anyways, good luck!
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    It's your decision so may a PROs/CONs list for each job and see what fits your goals better. The 'dork' Squad isn't very popular around these parts so if it were me, I'd look for something new, but they may be valued in your area and you may meet some interesting people to help you out down the road.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,041 Admin
    The Geek Squad is good for a resume that doesn't have much on it, but you will want to be open to a better job when one comes around. You need to decide if this opportunity at APEX is the next logical step for your career. Eventually, you will have enough experience at a real jobs where you will just drop "The Geek Squad" from your resume altogether.
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ask yourself how long do you want to stay in Geek Squad...? Think for long term
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn