Options

Cisco 2600 Series IOS IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 56

markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
I tried researching this on the web first but couldn't find anything that made sense. I'm about to buy a 2610 with the following info...

"Loaded with 64MB RAM & 16MB Flash memory configuration with IOS IP/FW/IDS Plus IPSEC 56 12.2(11) Enterprise Edition"

I can't really find an explanation to what that all means. Looks to me like some kind of security Enterprise edition? IPSEC 56? I did find one thing stating that I'd need 96 memory to run this IOS...

http://www.comstarinc.com/mem_sup_2600_ios.html

Am I wrong? Worried because I don't want to buy a machine with only 64 mem when I'll need 96 to run it.
"You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky

Comments

• Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The max memory a 2610 can take is 64Mb, i've never seen a requirement for 96Mb maybe thats for a different model of 2600 or the xm series, i'm not sure. I cant see you will have any issue if the router is coming with a pre installed ios image.Anyway its an old image and its easy to find a more recent 12.3 image which will need 64Mb.Just buy it a sort out the minor details later.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    Thanks Ed.

Any idea what this--IP/FW/IDS Plus IPSEC 56--means?
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    those are features and such, unfortunately, thats about as much as i know.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have already answered this question and any other questions relating to IOS information

visit the link below;

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19766

enjoy
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    mgeorge27 wrote:
    I have already answered this question and any other questions relating to IOS information

visit the link below;

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19766
    And its a link in the Cisco Forum FAQ under the "I want to setup my own home lab what should I buy and how do I set it up?" section -- so if you don't put that thread in your site bookmarks, you still should be able to find it using the FAQ.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    I think you guys are misunderstanding my question. I went through your IOS info thread (which is great btw) and couldn't find the answer. I understand that "IP/FW/IDS Plus IPSEC 56" are some of the features in the IOS but I was saying that I had no idea what those features were. Basically, what does IPSEC 56 do that other IOS's wouldn't? What is it?
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hello,

IP/FW/IDS Plus IPSEC 56--means?

the IOS has the basic IP routing feature, Firewall (VPN) and IDS functionality -- supporting a DES encryption.

cheers...
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    Thank you. :D
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    you are very welcome icon_cool.gif
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    markzab wrote:
    I think you guys are misunderstanding my question. I went through your IOS info thread (which is great btw) and couldn't find the answer. I understand that "IP/FW/IDS Plus IPSEC 56" are some of the features in the IOS but I was saying that I had no idea what those features were. Basically, what does IPSEC 56 do that other IOS's wouldn't? What is it?

Their is a link to the cisco website "ios navagator" listed in the IOS Info thread that will explain EVERY SINGLE feature that is avaliable in that feature set.

Click on it and search for ios features by name, copy and paste and wah-lah...

Although you do need ip plus to use features covered by topics in the 801 exam which is

c2600-is-mz.xxx.x.bin
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1