Options

Just checking in....

skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
Heya gang, long time no see!

I was on a certification roll for a long while, and now I've decided that I'm just going to do what interests me, since the IT field can be a volatile thing. It'd been several months since I logged in, so I thought I'd stop by.

Mostly I want to fill my brain with linux and security now.

Anyway, hope all of you are underworked, overpaid, and there is a quake server next to each of your desks.
I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had that same feeling for 2005 & 2006 after being forced to do the CCEA at the end of 2004. Now that I am back into the exams and studying, I feel very behind. I would suggest taking 1 or 2 exams a year just to keep up on things.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Absolutely. I plan on taking a few just because I'm interested in them.

If it isn't retarded, the new Convergence+ actually interests me as well, since we'll see a TON of growth in that regard coming up.

As a fellow martial artist Andy, my career path will probably end up being as a kung-fu instructor, but not only do I require much more training on the martial end (no 2 year black belts on this one!) but also the business end. We shall see!

Still no reason not to keep up though, since I really do love IT.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Hey skully, welcome back!
    skully93 wrote:
    and now I've decided that I'm just going to do what interests me
    Sounds like a healthy decision. I've dediced the same thing a long time ago and one of the things I noticed is that I don't take exams as often as I used to, because something else starts interesting me before I'm fully ready.
  • Options
    markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    Skully, I was looking through the CCNA technotes thread and the very last post in there was you praising the technotes and saying you were going for your NA in 2 months. I noted the post was in 2005...um...

Did you pass? icon_lol.gif
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky