MCSE Order of exams

aldwomaldwom Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello - can someone please tell me if this is the correct order in which I should study and apply for each exam cheers:

1) Exam 70–290: Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment

2) Exam 70–291: Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure

3) Exam 70-293: Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure

4) Exam 70-294: Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure

5) Exam 70–270: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional

6) Exam 70-297 Designing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure

7) Exam 70-284 Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003

Cheers.

PS Are there more job ops doing exchange over SQL these days.....?

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    You can do them in any order you like, but I'd recommend doing either 70-290 or 70-270 first, to get your head into the first set of concepts. After that, I'd say do 70-291 and 70-293, to get the "big" tests out of the way and get yourself ready for more advanced concepts involving AD, security, and Exchange. So, yeah, I'd say you've got a pretty good outline going and I recommend you follow that.

As for Exchange, there is a lot of demand for it, but be ready to know Exchange 2007 inside and out, as well as how it interacts with VoIP systems and SharePoint 2007. If you're looking to get a handle on the new stuff, I'd say check out exams 70-236 and 70-630. Keep in mind, neither the Exchange 2007 exam nor the SharePoint 2007 exam count towards MCSE, so you'll still need to do one of the electives, like 70-284, 70-299, or Security+.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • aldwomaldwom Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Right thanks a lot for your info will check it out. icon_wink.gif
  • sean2k7sean2k7 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would suggest going for 298 instead of 297 since it counts towards both specialties: MCSE Security and MCSE Messaging.

I have recently noticed a lot more job opportunities in MS SQL. However, I would suggest do what you are interested in. There are a lot of Exchange jobs out there too.

I am personally more interested in Networking so staying away from Databases its a whole different field within itself.

Good luck.
    No kind of sensation is keener and more active than that of pain... its impressions are unmistakable.