Options

hardware prob

Dubb RichDubb Rich Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
I recently purchased a new Adeptec Fireconnect/4300 card. There were no problems with the installation of the device and software program that came with it. When I tried to capture a video, I was unable to do so. The software kept freezing the computer. Several hours later, I got an error during bootup saying that my ntoskrnl.exe had been corrupted or missing. I tried to re-install WIN 2000 and during the hardware scan it would feeze. I finally took the card out and successfully re-installed WIN 2000. The card used IRQ 9. I also have several other PCI devices using that same IRQ. Is this an IRQ conflict problem? If not, what could the problem be? icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    is the spec of your computer greater than the minimum spec required by the software? have you tried using different ram? adding more ram? how much free space is on your hard drive? when did you last defrag?

sounds more like a problem related to your seoftware than a hardware problem. win2k had problems installing as most o/s don't like a lot of hardware to detect when starting up fro the first time.
    A+ Moderator