Options

Ok you security+ professionals..help!!!

kenny504kenny504 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey you guys can anybody help me out with material or additional information needed to take and pass this expensive exam....lol..

I am currently using Testout practice exams and cbt's and also sybex security +.

Help please....i need to pass this very soon.

Been studying on and off for about 3 months now.
There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sounds like you've got your bases covered with those 3 resourses. My addition would be to print out the tech notes from this site and spend an hour or two a day with a highlighter on them.

http://www.techexams.net/technotes.php

Good luck!
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    If you're using TestOut, (and other CBT's, you weren't specific on which ones,) and the Sybex book, I'd say you have a good handle on what you need to study. If you feel comfortable with the material in the TestOut and in the Sybex book, I'd say you're probably ready to take the exam. If you're scoring high on the TestOut practice tests and the chapter tests in the book, you really have nothing to worry about. If you're still stressed, get yourself the Transcender exam for Security+, and see where you are. If you're hitting above 85%, schedule the test.

You've got what you need in the training materials, everything you'll need to know for the exam is there. If you think you've learned it all pretty well, if you retain a lot of information, and you can look back at the chapters in the book and the sections in the TestOut and feel like it's all just review, then you're ready. And, as sprkymrk mentioned, check out the TechNotes on this site if you want to review for a bit before you take the exam.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    kenny504kenny504 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. Yeah Im using Testout's cbt's as well as Testout's practice exams.

I feel really confident. What scares me a bit though are the many replies on this index about the odd questions.
    There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    kenny504 wrote:
    I feel really confident. What scares me a bit though are the many replies on this index about the odd questions.

I felt the exam was pretty straight forward. Just be sure and know your encryption, hashing, and MAC/DAC/RBAC down inside and out. Good luck! icon_thumright.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.