Trouble Ticket Software

win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
Does anybody know of where to get shareware of popular ticketing software like Remedy, etc? Or any other freeware of 3rd party ticketing systems that come close to represent the major software. I just want to get some real world experience how to use a ticket system, because so many jobs now require it, and i feel if i can teach myself how to use it I can then put it in my resume and pherhaps improve my chances. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,081 Admin
    There are a bunch of OpenSource trouble ticket packages at SourceForget.net. Use this search to find them.
  • win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
    Which one of those softwares would you recommend to learn? I mean which one is most like the one medium-sized companies to enterprise level businesses use? Thanks in advance.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Medium to enterprise companies aren't going to be using free ticketing software. Am I understanding your question right?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We use HP OpenView.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks