Options

Best Study Material for 70-296

tanthonytanthony Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just took and failed the 70-296 test. For study I used the Syngress 70-296 book. After taking the test I did not feel this study material reflected what was actually on the test.

What should I study to successfully pass the test the next time?

By the way, I am an MCSE NT and MCSE 2000. I have passed the 70-292 and this is the first Microsoft test I have ever failed.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    More than one resource! My standard course of action is 2-3 books, CBT Nuggets, Transcender practice exams, and a few machines running in a virtual lab in VMWare Workstation.

I've yet to see a single book/seminar/video that will adequately prepare you for an exam by itself. Be sure to get hands on experience and read the reviews (on amazon or wherever) for the resources you're planning on using. Some of them can be quite abysmal.
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    I actually failed the 70-296 the first time round, my fault I rushed my self really. To be honest I used the same material for the second round as I did with the first round. This is what I used:

Leanrkey CBT, Syngress 70-296 book & DVD, Transcender exams, but most importantly I actually used the knowledge to upgrade and work on a live environment at work.

Good luck with your next exam, hope you pass :)

-ken
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How long did you prepare for studying?
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn