Test on the 15th = no work 14th?

mynameisboringmynameisboring Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ok I admin I'm going to make a kind of a high school statement here.

I'm going to call in sick on the 14th if I don't get the day off from work, because I'm taking the exam on the 15th and I want to make sure I have the mundane details of the Network+ all worked out.

Like I don't want to see a question that asks, oh I don't know, "What version of Netware started using TCP/IP as its native protocol", and not know it. Btw, my work is NOT paying for the exam.

I'd like to hear some comments on my actions.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• beegodeye7beegodeye7 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dude, I say go for it. If they don't have the decency to pay you, then screw 'em.

:)
    Brandon Carder, A+, Net+
    Systems Engineer
    SynchroNet Industries, Inc.
  • Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    Best of Luck man! I'd do the same thing if they were not paying for the exam! I just got approved for my exam. So now I just need to get up the courage to schedule it!
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Might as well take off, who knows the extra relaxing and minor studying should help. But I wouldn't try and cram the day before. Just touch up on the things you feel iffy with.
  • carbunklecarbunkle Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    eh dont cram to much before the test it will make you worry about it
  • jlambertjlambert Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    if ur not going to be paid for that day then why call in? your just screwing yourself out of more money.
  • timharpurtimharpur Inactive Imported Users Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you have to take the day before off work to study, then you don't know the material and you're not ready to write.

Simple and blunt. icon_twisted.gif
  • mynameisboringmynameisboring Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    UPDATE TO EVERYONE!

I Paaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeedddd!!!! 833/900 baby!

The extra day to clear my head did pay off, and btw I do get paid for that day off too.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    i think that taking the day off before the exam might not be the best idea. The extra distraction of work helped to keep me from stressing to much about the exam.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i agree with ghent. true, i took both a+ exams during vacation time, but i took my network+ one evening after work.

the fact that i went straight from work worried me at first, but then i realised that it gave me no time to do any last-minute cramming and saved me needless worry.

btw, congratulations on the pass ;)
    A+ Moderator
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Congrats on the pass.....