Options

And the virus said to the worm...

blackmage439blackmage439 Member Posts: 163
Share your stories of the most destructive, dangerous, annoying, or comedic viruses/Trojans/spyware/worms that you have seen!

My story takes me back to high school. My friend had found this (supposedly) non-destructive Trojan on a forum board, and decided to load it on his PC in the classroom. The computers were running a program that only allowed you to work on a fake image of the OS, and after a restart, would erase all changes made to that template; so in short he didn't care what happened. icon_lol.gif

Anyway, this little bugger would spawn multiple IE windows that bounced happily all over the screen. To compliment that, each window contained a flashing smiley face, and proudly portrayed "YOU ARE AN IDIOT!" To further add insult to injury, a lovely chant played in the background proclaiming "YOU ARE AN IDIOT! HA HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!" If you attempted to close one of the IE windows, it would respawn itself and possibly more merry copies! As a final straw, a pop-up window would periodically show up to display, you guessed it, "YOU ARE AN IDIOT!"

So annoying... :D
"Facts are meaningless. They can be used to prove anything!"
- Homer Simpson

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This isn't destructive, but it's funny. I used to work at a company that was a partnership between two owners. One wanted to move to XP and the other wanted to stay with 98 since that was what was familiar to him. I jokingly told the other owner about BO2K and how I could make this dude's life miserable until he would want to switch out of necessity. To my surprise, the other owner told me to go for it. It literally took weeks to break this dude.

I would disable keys, randomly close programs (definitely losing hours of work) and generate 1D10T error messages, etc. The highlight came when the other owner told me to eject his CD tray. I told him no because then he'd know we were messing with him for sure. He told me to just go through with it, and I did. A few seconds later the other owner walked into our room and said, "My computer just did the damndest thing..." I think I ruptured a kidney by keeping a straight face.

The day before he finally broke down and agreed to go to XP, he completely lost his cool and slammed his trackball into the wall and stormed off into the back of the shop. I quickly ran over to his desk, popped open his trackball open and disconnected the little wire inside, so it would appear to be broken. About 15 minutes later he came up to me and sheepishly asked for another mouse. "Yea, I think I have an extra. What happened to yours?"

The shop only had about 8 employees total, and everyone else was in on it. 3-4 years later, the guy still has no clue. I felt like a bit of an a-hole for screwing with him like that, but he honestly was one of most negative people I have ever met in my entire life, plus it boosted morale for the rest of the shop, so I didn't get too broke up over it.

While I'm on this guy, I also took a screenshot of his desktop, set that as his wallpaper, then moved all his desktop crap into a temp folder in "my documents". The other owner told me he rebooted about a dozen times before coming to me for help. He was absolutely dumbfounded as to why he wasn't able to click on anything, and he wasn't smart enough to simply open the programs through the start menu.
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    While in school I knew a tech kid who used to remote into peoples machines and do crazy stuff while they were working. It really ticked this teacher off one day when he started ejecting her CD-drive from another classroom. She tried to have the police arrest him for it, but it was a joke so he got off with a simple warning.

I was sitting in a lobby one day trying to concentrate on some work when some teenagers began playing loud music across from me. I logged into their laptop since they didn't have a firewall or password, and proceeded to drop a non-lethal virus on the drive. It wasn't harmful and most virus products will pick it up immediately and remove it...so I did this a bunch of time and they left because, "norton wouldn't shut up." While I was at it, I moved all their music to another folder and put a note in the original folder that said something along the lines of, "Your music is now mine. Use a windows password." I had to contain the laughter when they started going on about the laptop being crap for getting viruses.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    i also want to share some funny moments at school. im a wanna be hacker that time and loves to play with trojans. the one i used to play with is the SUB7 tro. our victim...the sexy Librarian in our school. using the tro, i have complete control of her pc from the lab at the second floor. and shes at the third floor usually chatting at the library alone. i managed to redirect her browser to some **** site....once redirected we would run upstairs to see if its succesful. and to our surprise! wow! she seems to be enjoying. icon_lol.gif
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When I started college in '95 someone had gone to most of the computer labs on campus and installed the OS/2 Warp virus on all the computers.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete