Options

Level of Difficulty

Irish ManIrish Man Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys,

I am planning on writing this exam next week at some stage, but just wonder how would you rate this exam on a scale of difficulty between 1 - 5.

I thought the 70-291 was roughly a 4 how would you rate 70-293 ?

Cheers
Colin

Comments

• Options
    dabve3dabve3 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would say it is just about as difficult as the 70-291. I had trouble with some things I had not used much such as certificates and VPN's. If you passed 70-291 you should not have too much trouble passing 70-293. Some people think it is even a little bit easier than 70-291. As for a rating I would give it a 4.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would agree with dabve3. To me, 70-293 is just about as difficult as 70-291. Most people say 70-293 is not nearly as difficult because it contains a lot of the same stuff as 70-291. If you do 70-293 without having done 70-291, it is a very difficult exam, about as difficult as 70-291. Since you have already done 70-291, you will see that 70-293 is not as difficult as a lot of the material overlaps. All you really have to worry about is PKI/Certificates, NLB, Clustering, WINS, and Wi-Fi Security. On a scale, I'd say 70-291 is a 4.5 whereas 70-293 by itself is a 4.0 and having done 70-291 already it would be a 3.5/5.0.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    scullersculler Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icroyal,

I hope you are right about how hard the 70-293 exam is. I completed the 291 a few weeks ago and plan to take 293 next week. I have been using the Measure up exams ( Long story) and the exams/study questions in the Microsoft 70-29X MCSE Training kits.

When working on 291 I found the measure ups to be fairly easy but the training kit questions to be more difficult. For the 293, the measure ups where harder and the training kit questions are both shorter ( easier to read and digest) and easier to answer correctly.

This has left me with an uneasy feeling about this exam.

Sculler
    Do Good Work, Keep In touch, Have fun.
  • Options
    Irish ManIrish Man Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I expect the 70-293 exam to be difficult. I have read on several forums that this exam is much easier than 291 but I guess I will find out the truth on Tuesday when I write it.

Hopfully I still have all the DNS concepts in my head somewhere !!
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    70-293 doesn't seem so bad...definitely a lot of overlap with 70-291. The stuff that is new (Certificates/PKI, DFS, EMS, NLB, Clustering) is pretty straight-forward. I'll definitely post back with an overview of my exam once I take it in a few weeks!
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)