CCNA technotes & cbt nuggets?

sdeyoungsdeyoung Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just wondering if the technotes on this site are comlete? I currently have CBT CCNA nuggets and was wondering if that + technotes would be enough to pass the CCNA exam. Also, is it easier to take the two exam option or should I just take the one? Currently I have my A+ and Network + and i'm working in the IT Tech Support field.

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Just wondering if the technotes on this site are comlete?
    No, they are not. Probably around 30% of the exam objectives are covered. Combined with the CBTnuggets you should be able to cover most of it, but I suggest getting at least the Cisco Press or the Sybex CCNA book.
  • sdeyoungsdeyoung Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hmmm, o.k... So which one would be better, Cisco press or Sybex?
  • kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you can afford it I would get both. Cisco goes into the details if that's what you're looking for. The CBT nuggets videos are great however they need to
    update their videos. Some of the stuff they cover in the videos aren't even in the exam anymore like Netware and the 1900 switch.
    sdeyoung wrote:
    hmmm, o.k... So which one would be better, Cisco press or Sybex?
    That seems to be a personal preference mostly. Todd Lammle (the author from the Sybex) is one of the best tech authors ever. The Cisco Press guide is perhaps a bit more detailed, but als a bit of a dry read.
  • sdeyoungsdeyoung Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't think I will be able to purchase both books right now, might be a bit expensive for me at the moment.. I might just run to chapters and browse through both books and figure out which one i want. I would think that with one of those books mentioned above, CBT nuggets and this site I should be able to pass my CCNA, I hope.
    sdeyoung wrote:
    I would think that with one of those books mentioned above, CBT Nuggets and this site I should be able to pass my CCNA, I hope.
    That's certainly doable, especially if you add another free ingredient to the mix: www.cisco.com Everything you read is right there. The other will be your guide for what to look for a the Cisco site.