Options

Will I be tested on WSUS or SUS?

GundamtdkGundamtdk Member Posts: 210
I have WSUS installed on my Windows 2003 because Microsoft have made SUS disappeared on their website.

Yet all the practice questions I have seen deals with SUS.

Does the real exam deal with SUS or WSUS?

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think at this point you will be tested on WSUS although both SUS and WSUS are fairly similar.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, for 70-290 it is WSUS by all reports on this forum. Also, apparently due to the 70-292 and 70-296 exams retiring soon, they have not been updated and still test on SUS.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    I didn't get any SUS questions - only WSUS. And even then, only one or two.

Good luck.
  • Options
    rstainforthrstainforth Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Same here, WSUS all the way :)
  • Options
    losercorelosercore Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yea WSUS but the questions I got were pretty easy. I think I had 2 reagding WSUS and easy. As long as you know what WSUS does you could answer these questions.

Although I'm sure there are harder one in the pool so be aware.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Yes, for 70-290 it is WSUS by all reports on this forum. Also, apparently due to the 70-292 and 70-296 exams retiring soon, they have not been updated and still test on SUS.

Good to know! I actually have never used SUS but I setup our company WSUS and maintain it... I will know to not go into the 296 and 296 expecting to bank on my hands experience with WSUS then.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Follow Mark's advice. It depends on the exam and he gives the correct information. WSUS for all exams BUT SUS for the upgrade exams.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
    I passed the exam today and got 2 WSUS questions, if you know SUS then you`ll be able to answer the 2 WSUS questions, they were that easy.