Options

Syngress Book: Pretty Dry!

BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
I've been reading the 70-293 book by Syngress, and must say, it's pretty dry reading. It covers a ton of details, but it's not the easiest book to learn from. Seems like there aren't any other good reads for this exam (the MSPress book has been bashed from numerous people).

Because of this, I am going with some form of video training -- either CBTNuggets or TestOut. Any opinions on these for this particular exam? Is one better than the other? Thanks!
MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CBTNuggets is video training whereas Testout is video training mixed in with practice questions and simulations. CBTNuggets' video training is much better than Testout, but Testout offers stuff other than just video training.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    After quickly browsing these forums, it seems most people favor CBTNuggets over TestOut. I will probably just use a combination of VMWare with Server 2003 installed for hands-on, and then use CBTNuggets to learn/review the material.

Thanks for the reply!
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yep, most people are much more fond of CBTNuggets, such as myself. I've watched several different video series' which consisted of many different instructors. The quality of all the different instructors is excellent. I've also tried a few different instructors with TestOut and a couple of them were just horrible and boring. I'd definitely advise CBTNuggets.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks