What's the explanation for this? (XP)

KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/KGhaleon/strange.jpg?t=1177443477

whao...what now? This error hit me a little while ago and I'm confused as hell. This is an XP machine.

KG
Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680

Comments

• malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    never seen it before but if you click the "click here" get the error code and search ms website it should tell you.

Let us know if you find out

Malc
  • Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am more concerned with that program you are about to start from the run dialog? icon_lol.gif
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Chances are, the error was generated by a recently-updated or patched program, and someone made the bonehead move of typing in "Vista" instead of "XP" on the error dialog when creating this update.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's funny. It looks like you have event viewer open. Is there nothing in the application or system log for when it crashes?
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    XD My numlock was on, and I was holding down the M key by mistake. I didn't see anything suspicious in event viewer, but honestly I closed out the window without reading the actual message. I'm going to see if it comes back...it was pretty random, as I wasn't doing anything to cause that. Not my laptop, so maybe a virus or user stupidity as mentioned.

KG
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kinda looks like you have a screwed update dude.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
    I'm going to check add/remove programs and see if there's something strange installed, perhaps.

KG
    I found the following two event viewer logs:

Log 1.
    Windows cannot access the file D:\SOURCES\SPWIZIMG.DLL for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Setup Wizard Framework Resources because of this error.

Program: Setup Wizard Framework Resources
    File: D:\SOURCES\SPWIZIMG.DLL

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
    User Action
    1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
    2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
    - It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
    - It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
    3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
    4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
    5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.
    Additional Data
    Error value: C000009C
    Disk type: 5
    Log2.
    Faulting application setup.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, faulting module user32.dll, version 5.1.2600.3099, fault address 0x00011b28.

Weird. I didn't see any strange updates in the add/remove program list.

KG
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You could also check your restore points in system restore wizard to see if it has a record of any patches being installed that may have screwed something up
    Did you google that dll? It comes up with a bunch of vista torrent links. Weird. Maybe it's something with IE7.
    ^-yeah, I noticed that. Can't make any sense of it though. I also thought maybe they had a Vista machine at home that they connect to this machine, which may have caused that bogus error.

I checked the restore points and the only thing I'm seeing is a piece of software installed two days ago called Walmart downloads music store. ick.

KG
    Sounds classy lol