Options

phone interview coming

x_Danny_xx_Danny_x Member Posts: 312 ■■□□□□□□□□
i have a phone interview in a couple of days. how should I prepare for it? and how long do they last.

it is with the same company i work with but this time for a help desk position. the position requires two years experience so im thinking he is going to ask me advance questions though it is a level 1 position with the company.

can you guys give some advise? i really dont want to mess this up.
There There, Its okay to feel GUILTY...........There is no SIN in PLEASURE!

Comments

• Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If it's for a helpdesk position, I would guess 10-15 minutes at most. I completely bombed my last phone interview and they still asked me to come in. Don't worry and grab something to drink. You have nothing to lose(well, except the job)...so don't stress out over it. Handle it like you would a conversation with a friend(but perhaps more formal). I found that when I tried too hard, I would normally slip up and say things I don't mean to. :p

I would suggest going over your skills needed for the job and make sure that you can convey to the interviewer that your qualified and fit for the position. Interviewers don't want someone that they can't trust to handle customers. Be honest though, and if you don't understand something then express a desire to learn.

Are they going to train you?

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    x_Danny_xx_Danny_x Member Posts: 312 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah, the place is in Richmond Virginia, it is with the same company. and I am located in Atlanta, Georgia

they do train you. the recruiter told me that there are two positions, one in Richmond and another in a different city. They have a contractor working for them though, so the recruiter told me that they might not want me because they might have to train me. So that is why im stressing a little bit since i already have competition to think and worry about. i think this interview is going to be longer than 15-20 minutes.

she told though that she sent my resume here in Georgia to two other locations that are looking for help desk help.
    There There, Its okay to feel GUILTY...........There is no SIN in PLEASURE!