FYI on BOSON Sim.

NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
I was playing around with my simulator while work is slow and I was configuring the frame-relay lab from the Tech-notes. Anyways just wanted to let anyone who cares know that the simulator doesn't have Frame-relay routes programmed into the application. What I thought was wierd though was that if you do a Frame-Relay route ? <enter> command, the sim will tell you that the next statement should be a DLCI. But when you complete the command:

frame-relay route 100 interface serial3 101

The sim will say "Invalid input dectected"
This is verbatim from the lab so I don't think I'm using the command incorrectly.
I was able to designate the router as a frame switch, set intf's as DCE, lmi type as ansi, clock rate, and encap. Just not the routes.

Also I created the topology from the Netmap wizard, so it isn't like I loaded a preconfigured topology into memory. I also have the latest updates to the Boson Sim and used the same routers as the lab. I'm sure there are more holes in the sim that I just haven't encountered yet.
Just another reason why real equipment can't be beat.

Has anyone else tried this lab with Boson?
There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!